The Toshiba RAC-WK0811ESCWU is an incredibly well-constructed unit that is not only highly energy-efficient but also highly functional and equipped with several smart features.
Its portable and sleek design fits most window spaces conveniently, and it can easily cool spaces of up to 350 square feet.
It comes with a touch control interface and can be operated via both remote control and voice control.
It is also very easy to install, and it comes with a one-year warranty.
Pros and Cons
You get multiple smart functionalities with this air conditioning unit. You can control it via voice command using Amazon Alexa, or you can use your smartphone to adjust its settings. It comes with an app that allows you to control the AC unit from inside the house or via the cloud.
This unit has a sleek and portable design that looks stunning in any room. It can fit most windows and has a simple and easy installation process. Furthermore, it has a unique touch control interface and also comes with remote control.
The Toshiba air conditioning unit has 4-speed settings to choose from. These include 4-way air direction control and a fully automatic mode.
This device can cool a room of up to 350 square feet. It has an ECO mode that helps save energy and has earned it its Energy Star certification.
The 24-hour timer function, a filter-clean mode, and sleep mode are some other features that enhance its performance and allow you to adjust the unit according to your comfort.
Issues & Concerns
As well-designed as this unit is, it, unfortunately, is a little noisy. This may not be an issue for everyone, but if you’re a light sleeper, then this might bother you.
Furthermore, this device requires frequent draining during humid weather.
Care and Maintenance
Here are a few care and maintenance tips for this Toshiba air conditioning unit:
- Clean the air conditioning timely to ensure its proper functioning.
- Clean the air filters at least once a month using water and mild liquid soap. You can also vacuum the filters.
- Also, clean the cabinets timely with an oil-free cloth or with a cloth dampened in a mild soap and water mixture. Make sure you remove the excess water after you’re done cleaning.
- Never clean the unit with hot water over 104°F (40°C).
- Make sure the unit is turned off before you start cleaning it.
- To store the unit for the colder months, carefully remove it from the window, keeping in mind the installation instructions. Next, wrap it in plastic and store it in the original box.
This unit comes with a 1-year warranty service that warrants that the product is free from all defects in workmanship and material.
However, installation is the user’s responsibility, and the warranty does not cover damage due to improper installation.
Use all the parts that come with the unit and follow the proper installation procedure mentioned in the manual.
Lastly, handle the unit with care and avoid cuts with sharp edges or metal surfaces.
Where to Buy
You can get the Toshiba RAC-WK0811ESCWU Window Air conditioner from your nearest retailer.
I’m a degreed ME (mechanical engineer) who is passionate about machines of all kinds. I created MachineWonders.com as a way to connect with others who love machines like me – or need help choosing one for their needs, application, or situation.